The Ethical Filament Foundation aims to:
- Brand an ethical filament production standard and a certification process that guarantees the quality and ethical value of any certified filament to a third party consumer. Certification is process independent and only focuses on the quality of the final product and the social benefit generated in the process.
- Advertise and market the Ethical Filament Standard and certification process.
- Promote the concept of recycling to produce Ethical 3D Printing Filament that is sold to improve the livelihoods of waste pickers and their communities worldwide.
- Sponsor research and development to improve the process for waste recycling at the grass root level for use in 3D printing. All such research will be released to the Public Domain for use on an unrestricted basis by social benefit organizations.
- Create an information repository to make public domain information regarding current research easily available to individuals or organizations.